Wednesday, October 24, 2012

September

September in Wisconsin is supposed to be beautiful.  Until this year I couldn't really say because I had spent two of our three previous Septembers since moving to Wisconsin in the throes of morning sickness and, let's be honest, that's not the best time to assess the beauty of one's surroundings.  During the non-morning-sick September, we were out of town.  For the whole month.

Actually, I almost missed this one too.  I wasn't pregnant, and we didn't go anywhere, but I spent most of September in a bit of a grouch fog.  There is no need to go into all of the reasons.  They were dumb. But one day, at the very end of September, I woke up and realized that I was completely surrounded by golden leaves.  And they were really beautiful.



4 comments:

Ben said...

The caption to that last pic should read, "...not anyfing!" :)

Ben said...

Also, I have typically really disliked fall, for various reasons. This year, I'm really appreciating it.

Erin said...

I love, love, love fall! Unfortunately, here in my part of Texas, there's hardly any fall to speak of, at least, so far.

candice said...

OH>MY>GOSH, what is Hugh doing posing as Simon?? I can't believe how much they look alike!! Cute little ones. We can't wait to see you in a couple months!!