Friday, January 18, 2013

Nine Months In, Nine Months Out

Hello there.  It has been a rough nine months.  It turns out that having three kids is significantly more time- and energy-consuming than having two.  Or maybe the real problem is just that this time around, I am mostly flying sola, since Hugh has been much busier than in the past.  (I think... both.)  In either case, if I manage to come up with a second to breathe in, I generally prefer to use it to catch up on sleep/Once Upon a Time/reading blog posts about crafts I don't have the time or energy to make right now.  So posting here hasn't been much of a priority.

However, I think there's a slight chance that I might be figuring out how to survive my new life with a reasonable amount of grace.  Just the same, I thought I'd start out with a shameless plea for comments something simple.  Namely:

How many of you think that the appearance of a character who so rudely stole my daughter's name in season three of Downton Abbey will cause an increase in babies with that name in the future?  Even if only because of greater exposure?  Please vote yes or no.  You can settle a bet between Hugh and me.  Yes- I win!  Chocolate to the winner!  No- Hugh wins.  I will need some chocolate for consolation.

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh man, that stinks. Just when you think you've got something all to yourself. And if it'd been a less popular show, you might have been off the hook. I bet your daughter will be much more awesome than any Downton Abbey character :)

The Harpers said...

This is Hugh's friend Heather (Howe) coming over from facebook. I had to comment because we too love Downton and we too have an Ivy. She's almost 4 and we were just fine until about 1 year ago when Beyonce named her baby Blue Ivy. My husband had a mild panic attack. There is also an Ivy on the NBC show "Smash". I vote no since there hasn't been a spike from the previous 2 (that I know of). UNLESS of course you named your Ivy because of Beyonce, then we should have a serious discussion.

Natalie said...

I vote yes. I think Ivy has become a more popular name. It may not be because of the show but then again it may!

Talyn said...

Yes. My evidence is that once upon a time I worked with a Young Women's group of only 5 girls. Two of them were named Ariel. They were both born shortly after the Little Mermaid came out.

Sara Hammond said...

With no knowledge of the show, my vote is yes, it will become more popular. But will you really know the results before she is one of six in her grade?

candice said...

Ivy is the new Eden---you are totally doomed. Sorry.

Becca said...

Uhm, I am an avid Downton watcher and have somehow missed the Ivy? Where is she?

Jess said...

I missed the name, too. But my vote is yes....people will more prone to use a name they have heard on a popular show. Just proof that you're a forward thinker.

navajotwin said...

I vote yes as well. I'm just hoping somebody doesn't show up on Downton or some other popular show with the name Ellis. Especially if that Ellis turns out to be a girl. *shudder*